The album was released worldwide on 31 October 2011. It presents waltzes from around the world, including a “Valse Triste” (sad waltz) from Finland, a miniature waltz “La petite Valse” from France, a popular waltz tune that began life in Germany.
The album is centered on a waltz composed by Welsh actor Anthony Hopkins. The waltz, called “And the Waltz Goes On” was composed by Hopkins in 1964.A fan of the Dutch violinist, Hopkins’s wife sent his waltz to Rieu for consideration.
Inspired by New Zealand’s stunning landscape and the ‘life must go on’ attitude of its people in the face of the recent natural disasters, André composed a dreamy waltz together with his first violinist Frank Steijns entitled “Dreaming of New Zealand”. The album includes both an instrumental version and one with English and Māori lyrics.
On 2 October, The album got the honor of “Classic FM Album Of The Year in association with MasterCard” from Classic Brit Awards 2012.
- Wiener Festwalzer/Grande Valse Viennoise
- Wien wird bei Nacht erst schön
- And the Waltz Goes On
- Susie/Susie (If you knew Susie)
- Dreaming of New Zealand
- Wien bleibt Wien/Vienna Forever
- Ich muß wieder einmal in Grinzing sein
- Tanze mit mir in den Morgen
- La petite Valse
- Bist du einsam heut’ Nacht/Are you lonesome tonight
- Du kannst nicht treu sein/You can’t be true, dear
- Valse Triste
- Blue Tango
- Singing in the rain
- We’ll meet again
- Waltz Medley
- Swan Lake (Moderato)
- The Phantom of the Opera
- Dreaming of New Zealand (feat. Hayley Westenra)